To be considered for the 2024-25 Kott Gerontology Scholars Program, applicants should complete the following steps in the online application process. Our application window opens on Jan 1, 2024 and closes at 10:00 pm on May 15, 2025.
Applications will be reviewed in the order that they are received.
- Complete the Kott Gerontology Institute Scholars Program Application.
- Upload a resume that includes educational history, employment, and practicum and volunteer experiences.
- Provide two personal references. One reference must be submitted by a faculty member of their current academic program who is familiar with the applicant’s academic performance and interest, preparation and experience in gerontology, or other experience relevant to the internship. The second reference should be from an individual who has supervised the applicant outside of the academic setting. For applicants who previously have completed or are currently involved in a practicum experience, the second reference must be provided by the applicant’s supervisor from that placement.
- Applicants will be sent a confirmation email will be sent when their completed applications have been received.
- Applications will be reviewed and candidates will be selected for individual, in-person interviews.
- Based on applicants’ work and field experiences, academic records, statements of interest in gerontology, references and personal interviews, selected candidates will be contacted and offered internships.
For additional information on the Kott Gerontology Scholars Program or questions regarding the internship application process, please contact Lisa Peters-Beumer at email@example.com.